This report by Borys Kit states that Hollywood knows where to woo and make-up with “pop culture’s smart set”–at the largest comic book convention in the country. A quick run-down:
- Bryan Singer announced that he was discussing the sequel to his Superman movie. The crowd loved the idea, despite the many problems they had with it.
- How about this answer Singer gave to the fan who thought that having an illegitiate child would compromise Superman’s character: “Love in the modern world takes many forms,” he said. “There are many kinds of families that exist now, and sometimes pregnancies occur unintentionally, and it’s a choice to have a child.” Profound.
- Principles from Spiderman 3 appeared.
- Samuel L. Jackson, who hails from Chattanooga, TN, bowled over the crowds.
- Studios showed excerpts from “Children of Men,” “Stardust,” and “Eragon.”
- Bryan Singer said comic books will prove to be the mythology of our age.