World coffee shops with remarkable, ye, conversation halting for some, interior design. Brother Baba Budan in Melbourne, Australia, has chairs on the ceiling to give you that look-out-everything’s-falling! feeling you love so much.
Here are some articles on a variety of current topics.
- 50 Books J. I. Packer Thinks You Should Read
- Refuting 5 False Theories About Jesus, including theories he was just a pagan myth or violent revolutionary
- 9 Truths About a Multi-Generational Church, such as the young should follow and the old should humbly lead
- Like bitter foods, like coffee, beer or dark chocolate? You might be a psychopath.
- Porn can’t be sold ethically. “The truth is that when a feminist performs the role of sex object in order to transgress and/or reclaim heteronormative constructs of femininity, her audience is excluded from the alleged meaning of her work. Men don’t go to peep shows so that they can self-critically reflect on women’s sexuality and the politics of desire. To ignore this is not an act of radical female autonomy, it’s an act of dangerous and narcissistic irresponsibility.”
- Porn and the Gospel, a talk by Joseph Solomon