Stefanie of So Many Books has photos of her latest purchases, including a Jane Austen action figure. This is crazy. Action figures? I wonder how many there are or if an author can commission his own figure. I can think of possibilities:
- Hawthorne would come dressed in black with a scarlet “A.”
- Meville would have a spyglass and seaman attire.
- Samuel Johnson would come with Boswell.
- G.K. Chesterton would be heavier, though not larger, than any other figure and never remain where you leave him overnight.
- Lewis might come with a wardrobe.
- Tolkien would have an ornamental waistcoat, a pipe, and short sword.
- Walt Whitman would be the most interactive of the figures with his growing hair.
No one would buy them, of course.